The president did not have any plans to go and visit the storm ravaged state. That is until after Mitt Romney made an announcement immediately after the convention ended, that he would be going straight to Louisiana to visit the people who had been affected their. Prior to Obama’s announcement yesterday, there were no plans for him to visit.
This goes to show between the two candidates who is more responsible and has more leadership qualities.
Pres. Obama also failed in 2010 to give one visit to the flooded city of Nashville, TN. Some don’t care about that, but it is another instance where Obama showed a lack of care. He just signed what they wanted, thru money at them and forgot about it.
The president could learn from Condoleezza Rice‘s speech at the Republican National Convention. That you cannot lead from behind. The president’s actions have shown just that. Another story adding to his new nickname, the ‘Empty Chair’.
Now, Romney was set to visit the battleground state of Virginia today, a key battleground state in this election. And while Romney is instead visiting with people in Louisiana at his very moment, Pres. Obama is preparing to talk at a campaign rally in Iowa.
Just more facts to show were both candidates priorities lie.
- Leading From Behind: Empty Chair to Visit Louisiana on Monday (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Invisible Obama? Romney visits Isaac-ravaged Louisiana; POTUS in Texas; Update: Romney leads, Obama follows (twitchy.com)
- Obama Campaigns as Red State Drowns; Seven Rallies Before Louisiana Visit (conservativebyte.com)
- Obama skips Louisiana, while Romney tours damage (conservativeread.com)
- Change: As Romney visits Louisiana, Obama alters schedule for earlier visit on Monday (hotair.com)