Last night I went to see the political documentary 2016: Obama’s America. The IMAX was nearly packed, with only a few seats remaining. The age range for the people attending the showing spanned from13 to 85 from what I could tell. The documentary was very well done and keeps the audience engaged through the entire 1 hour and 29 minutes.
The film, to be completely blunt, is an anti-Obama documentary. It gives a lengthy back story of Barack Jr. and also gives an account of his father Barack Sr. How Obama only met his father once as a child, and yet he holds the same dreams and ideology as his father did. And it gives an answer as to what ideology Obama follows. Anti-Colonialism.
It gives the reason as to why Obama has the same ideals and beliefs as his father did, even though he had only met him once as a child. A psychologist who Dinesh talked to explained how most children have a bad view of a father who basically abandons the family. But in Obama’s case, his mother always spoke highly of his birth father, even after she got married to her second husband. This is believed to have had an effect on him.
Dinesh talks with Obama’s half-brother George. What is interesting about the encounter, is that even though both did not know their father well, the half brothers have a different set of beliefs. On the one hand George believes in colonialism, and says that if Kenya had let Great Britain stay longer, that they would be better off now. And Barack is an anti-colonialist, like his father was.
This belief system gives the perfect reason why Obama is against the Keystone XL Pipeline and shut down our offshore drilling. While giving money to Mexico, Cuba and Brazil to help their offshore drilling. He feels that America needs to be beaten down and that he should help those countries that ‘suffered’ at the hands of their colonizers.
Something important to note, Pres. Obama is the first U.S. president to go against England on the debate of the Falkland Islands. Pres. Obama believes that the Falkland Island should go back to Argentina. Another important fact to note, his anti-colonialism is also the reason why Obama insisted on sending the bust of former prime minister Winston Churchill back to England. Because Churchill was a colonialist, and was prime minister at the time England occupied Kenya.
Dinesh also talked the men that he refers to ‘Obama’s Founding Fathers’. They are listed as follows -
- Frank Marshall Davis – A card-carrying member of the communist party and early influence of Obama.
- Bill Ayers – A member of the Weather Underground, a 1960′s radical group that set off bombs. He is now a professor and assisted Obama in helping launch his political career.
- Edward Said – A professor at Columbia University, he was a pro-Palestinian activist, and is described as an anti-Zionist.
- Roberto Unger – A Harvard Law professor and Brazilian politician. His work expounds and develops the ideals of a freer and less hierarchical and rigid society, and strives for the realization and implementation of a system that enables the constant revision of institutional forms based on the goals of enlarging democracy and giving more people more access to more opportunities.
- Jeremiah Wright – The former pastor of a Chicago church which Barack Obama attended for a long time. He is a proponent of black liberation theology. He is famous for this phrase that came out in the 2008 campaign, “Not God bless America, God damn America! That’s in the bible!”
This is only a small section of what this movie reveals and explains. This is a film that you have to see for yourself. Take your family and friends as well. All Americans need to see this film.
Here is a link to the listings of theaters that the film is showing in across the country – 2016: Obama’s America
In the comments below let me know what you thought about the film. And do you think this will have an effect on the election?